Thursday, February 7, 2013

Conquering Fears; This Week- Heights!

"Waahoooooo," I belted as I jumped off the edge of the wooden platform under me and soared through the air on a single rope attached to me by a series of straps and carabiners. "Wait! Miss, no!" the attendent screamed as I zoom past him and whizz through the air towards the next tree several yards ahead. "Hahaha," I heard him snicker behind me, laughing at my screams and look of terror. 

This week in my International Business Management course we visited a nearby zip-lining school to learn about the developing tourism industry in Chaing Mai, Thailand. What started as a educational class field trip ended with a few friends and I indulging in this thrilling activity! I won't say I wasn't reluctant, I have always been afraid of heights (or falling as Dr. Sheldon Cooper would say), but I couldn't miss out on the fun! I got through the course which included 15 platforms, 7 Ziplines, a 20 meter abseil, sky bridge, climbing net, flying skateboard, monkey latter, timber balancing beams and a zodiac bridge-yikes! We were swamped afterwards with good reason. I was happy I didn't back down and let my fear overcome me, "wahoo" to that too!

Proof :]   :

Walking on air!

Looking down-I'm about to jump!

Getting ready and building courage!

One of the wobbly bridges we had to walk across!


We survived!





No comments: