Sunday, June 10, 2012

She's Where?

I know it came to many of you as a surprise that I am not on a flight back home and instead am sitting in a dorm room at Lund University about to head to my new job in Lomma Beach in Sweden. Honestly, it happened so fast that even I am adjusting to the fact that I won't see home for another month. Before my mom came to Prague a couple weeks ago I wrote that I felt I was ready to come home, ready to see my family, friends and my doggy Sugar. It's not that I've stopped missing home. It's more the reassurance that I have a home that will always be there for me. Whether it's June or July, I'll be home back into the same old habits, and perhaps that scares me. I have learned and gained so much while abroad and I don't want those things to change when I get back home. So I decided I needed a little more time over the pond to let all these changes sink in and to reflect on my trip abroad. PLUS it gives me a gigantic excuse to see a part of Europe I really wanted to!

 I've started working at Lomma Beach House which serves ice cream and beach snacks but mostly concentrates on Kite Surfing lessons and the giant community that flocks to Lomma's renown beaches that offer some of the best winds in the world! The beach is absolutely unbelievable. On a clear day you can see Malmo as well as the bridge that connects Sweden to Denmark!! Where else could you see something so spectacular? So you'll be hearing from me about the beautiful city of Lund and Lomma Beach in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll get to Copenhagen and maybe Stockholm on my days off!

Here's some info on the baby 10 year old Kite Surfing sport, rumors are that it will be included in the 2016 Rio Olympics:



                                   I am learning myself and can't wait to really get some air!




Kite Surfing lesson

Malmo, Sweden from the beach

See the bridge, incredible huh?

Beach House!


No comments: