Sunday, June 24, 2012

Soaking Up Sweden

It doesn't feel like I have been here for two weeks. It feels like I come here every summer to return to the beach with my friends waiting with open arms. Between the kitesurfing community and the unbelievable staff at the Lomma Beach House, where I now work, I am overwhelmed with a feeling of bliss for this new found home. I get many people who ask me where I am from and how I got to Sweden, and as my last post will tell you, I have no idea. It is just more proof of how a positive attitude will put you in the right place. So let me tell you more about this right place:


I am living in Lund, Sweden which is in the Southern part of Sweden in Skåne County (Skåne län), also known as Scania County in English. This part of Sweden is gorgeous and I have seen a lot as I have gotten in the habit of riding the 7 kilometers to Lomma, Sweden where I work (mostly) everyday.  Lomma Beach is well known for it's winds and on a good day you see everything from kitesurfers to windsurfers to wave surfers all fighting over the beach. My day is often packed with an abundance of water sports as well as some soaking up of that gorgeous Swedish sun. 




Getting ready for SUP (Stand up Paddle-boarding)

                         



I am gonna be a long boarding professional by the end of this!
Me in my kitesurfing gear!
                                    
                                  I also do other not so glamorous things like undo kitesuring knots and organize gear!
                                         

Here we are out on the deck, I've been reading a lot! Three books in two weeks, take that summer reading list!!


Swedish Sunsets
I have never seen such beautiful sunsets, here are some of my favorite...so far!

I love the clouds here! The colors are gorgeous

Entering Lomma, Sweden
On my bike ride to home

This is Malmo at night, the view from Lomma Beach


See the kitesurfers out there?

The best sunset of all was on Midsummer's Eve so keep reading!!

No comments: