Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day Spent Sleeping on a Park Bench

Day 18

Travel pains...

501.jpg8507.jpg
Today sucked, really sucked. We got to the bus station in San Sebastian and waited about 15 minutes for a bus. I wasn’t tired at all but slept a little. We got to Bilbao and had a three hour wait to the next bus to Burgos, it sucked ass just waiting, I was tired, uncomfortable and hungry. We finally got on the bus, I slept a little but it was so uncomfortable it was hard. We got to Burgos and had to wait 8 hours for the bus to Soria. We ate lunch-thank fucking god, and sat for a while. I finally ate my churros con chocolate that I had read in a spanish culture book in high school and always wanted to try. We walked around and found a bench to sleep on and put our stuff down. I slept some but got weird looks from tourists and locals who probably thought it was disrespectful that I was sleeping on the grass by a fountain. There was a little artist show so Nayla and I walked around but we didn’t buy anything. We made our way to the train station and after 2 hours made it to Soria where Javier picked us up to take us to Abejar. Seriously that is the short version but it was such a miserable day I can’t even explain it. Javier made us dinner and I jumped in the shower, then went to bed. Sometimes people forget how stressful and uncomfortable travelling can be. Travelling with money is so much better, I would have had a private jet take me back to Abejar instead of an 8 hour process. Travelling on a budget can be dreadful-it made me miss home where things are easy; eating is easy, sleeping is easy, driving is easy. But then I remember all the things I have experienced and think about how I'll remember this day with my cousins and have a story for my kids or someone who cares and I stop complaining. I have to be strong! lol.

No comments: