Thursday, June 16, 2011

I love Segovia, Spain!

Day 6

Segovia

Today was a really fun day, we got up early around 7, I took a cold shower and then Nayla and I went to get donuts but the panderia (bakers shop) didn’t have any. We drove to Segovia, it’s about a two hour drive but it’s really pretty. Kerri says it’s one of her favorite places in Spain. We visited the Alcazar de Segovia (castle of Segovia) and the stain glass windows were gorgeous-the people looked very realistic, I took a lot of pictures. I felt like a princess ;] they also had lots of cool old chests that were really pretty. The castle also had a large artillery museum that described all the wars and the armor ect. Ect. I wasn’t that interested mostly because it was all in Spanish and I didn’t understand but I did find a book dated 1782 that was cool, I've never seen a book that old. In Segovia there is also a giant aquaduct, it is beautiful and we had some coke and tapas in a restaurant near it. After we left Segovia we went to Avila which is about 45 minutes away from Segovia. When Cesar was working as a bodyguard for the President he and his family owned a villa there and so Cesar spent 5 summers there working. We went to a restaurant there that was really nice I had salad, salmon and cheesecake, muy bien! The town is surrounded by a big stone defense wall, it’s beautiful and very very big. We made our way back to Abejar and I slept on the way. We stopped in a little town for some coke-it was very hot today. When we got back to the house our neighbor had trimmed all the hedges for us and we helped him finish it off. Nayla and Ian then showed me how to play Fronton. It’s like racquetball but you play outside. Nayla’s friends came too and I spoke some Spanish with them :]. Then the clouds got really thick and it started to lightning and thunder. For dinner we had some gazpacho (which is thick tomato soup), salad and shrimp (with their heads still on!) It was great talking to you on video chat! Nayla and I are going to paint our peto’s (the outfit we wear to the fiestas de San Juan in Soria) for the fiestas and then go to bed!
7450.jpg430.jpg428.jpg380.jpg365.jpg320.jpg311.jpg1309.jpg308.jpg7296.jpg287.jpg3285.jpg255.jpg252.jpg250.jpg249.jpg7245.jpg243.jpg240.jpg236.jpg6233.jpg

No comments: