Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lunes De Bailes

Day 12

Last day of the Fiestas

Today was the Lunes de Bailes and everyone goes down to the river to drink and listen to music. We went with Kerri and Cesar at like 3 and it doesn’t start until 5 so there was lots of time to just do nothing. We walked a little ways to this awesome church built on the side of the river. It was constructed on top of natural caves so half church is inside and half built on top, it’s pretty cool. We some jamon and bread and got ice cream, I had strawberry-delicious! Then people started coming, we said hi. I was so happy when Ian suggested that we go and clean the piso and leave with his parents early (so we’d only be out til like 3). We went to the ceremony where they say goodbye to San Juan and then we went to the fairias for a little bit. I got a hot dog and a coke and then we went on this big swinging ship ride where you stand in a cage, I sat down in the cage because I was scared :[. Then we danced a little and I was happy to head to Abejar at 3.
224.jpg0217.jpg006.jpg029.jpg9042.jpg047.jpg6152.jpg175.jpg191.jpg192.jpg196.jpg1211.jpg

No comments: