Monday, April 16, 2012

With Bad News Comes Good News

I cannot, however, say that my weekend was full of sadness and this is due to the beautiful city of Krakow (pronounced Krakof), Poland. This was my first trip to Poland, leaving it for the warmer months and I am very pleased I made the trip!

I'd first like to introduce you to my new enemy. Like every heroine's story there is always an enemy or a "bad guy" as we learn in our adolescents. Someone powerful and cruel who leaves the main character (whom we all know and love) feeling intimidated and vulnerable. Oftentimes the heroine is beat to the ground, stepped on, kicked and wants to run away screaming and crying. In my story I believe I have just met my greatest villain. NIGHT TRAINS. 
Me (the heroine) and the Night Train from Prague to Krakow...Dun Dun Dun

Now, don't go thinking this train looks harmless. It will leave your muscles aching with every twist and turn as you try with all your being to be comfortable. He'll leave your bones chilling from the cold outside air that seeps in every cranny of this night time beast. And worst of all, he will lock you in a cell inside its belly with strangers and deprive you of sleep for hours and hours!! Despite my efforts, this heroine was defeated.

Pictures of the battle:

At first I had the upper hand...

I was cocky in my abilities, thinking I could sleep...


It happened suddenly..the Night Train threw some devastating blows

Moving positions I thought I could get back on my feet and enjoy a few hours of sleep

In the end, I was the loser-no sleep for me on this dragon of a train

We arrived in Krakow Saturday morning and began our day as the walking dead. We took a free walking tour of the city and went to the incredible salt mines which include an underground cathedral! We sprang for some gelato and walked around the Old Town. It was a very beautiful city with lots of history. 


I'm so glad I made the short trip- bruises and all :] 


Krakow Old Town Square

Market

Entrance to Old Town


Bugle Call


Poland sure loves the Pope John Paul II

Famous Krakow Dragon

Main Market at night



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! So fun. Guess it didn't go as well as I thought it would. Glad you liked Krakow, grat pictures. Like the dragon :-)