Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Things I Wouldn't Travel Without

I am sure all these preparation posts might consequently have your eyes drooping with boredom, I know, I know; I'm sick of it too, I want to leave already and start this adventure! But I have always believed that preparation is the key to success, and what kind of travel blogger would I be if I didn't tell you how I managed to live in a different country for four months?! Travelers are always finding ways to compact this and re-purpose that, here are some of the cool things I found that I am taking on my trip and some other things I can't live without! My shopping excursions lead me all over town but I mostly found these items at REI, Magellans and Scheels! Happy shopping :]

Flexo-line TL461R
Flexo-Line from Magellans! In Spain I just put my undies out the window but now I can hang things up anywhere and don't need any clothes pins! 


With some thick boot socks these Ariat Highland Boots should keep me walking all winter :]
This Gap Infinity scarf is so warm and pretty! I love it!
BLUE
ALPS Mountaineering Denali 4500 Pack-74 Liters. I'm going to use this baby over spring break when I am traveling. I'm excited to use it and give you a review on how well it worked for me!
Travel Duct Tape KR438
Travel Duct Tape! Compact little thing that will fix emergency breaks


 I got a 33inch suitcase! This thing is as tall as my hip!! Even better? I got it at Ross for cheap! Yess...



Flat-Out Toiletry Kit TK418
Diamonds? No! Flat-Out Toiletry Kit is a girls' best friend, this thing compacts so small but carries a lot!

Salomon Womens Snowtrip 3 in 1 Jacket; very warm, convertible and flattering, what more could a girl ask for?


Other items: Business cards, pre-made labels that say my name, USB drive, journal, language and culture guidebooks, day pack (to double as backpack), first aid kit, Deet, water bottle and under armor (for layering). Hope this helps!


No comments: